In this course, we teach you our unique compassionate style of consulting. Designed and led by our Founding Director Marianne Moore, who has over 20 years experience as a consultant, the Compassionate Consultancy course provides you with the essentials for not-for-profit and public sector consulting.
Who is it for?
This consulting training course is a comprehensive course for those working in the consulting industry or wanting to problem-solve organisational challenges. It is perfect for:
- Social entrepreneurs and freelancers
- Those who want to specialise in not-for-profit and public sector consultancy
- Not-for-profit and public sector leaders and managers facing, navigating or leading complex organisational challenges.
By the end of this consultancy course you will be competent, not just in the standard management consultancy tools, strategy frameworks, and processes, but you will have an additional understanding of your clients and their issues. You will be able to skilfully analyse and assess the psychological issues that arise in an organisation and how to use your strategic vision and creativity to successfully navigate them.
- Confidence and ease with the consultancy process
- Knowledge of the skills and mind-set of an empathetic consultant
- Better able to create trusting and effective client relationships
- Confidence in strategic tools and designing methodologies
- Clarity on different organisational structures and cultures
- Informed of how to manage organisational anxiety and conflict
- Understanding organisational change and transition and how to navigate it
- Being equipped with techniques to creatively solve client issues
“As a researcher who was new to the consultancy world, the Compassionate Consultancy training allowed me to understand the required skills in order to build strong relationships and develop an effective strategic approach to consultancy research and evaluation.
The sessions on organisational development and change were critical for me to feel confident and informed about the context in which a range of organisations (e.g., public bodies, international NGOs, and others) operate. If you are interested in reaching your full potential in consultancy, both as a freelancer or as part of an organisation, this course will guide you from the basics up to the in-depth knowledge you need, combining theory and practice to get you ready to start writing your first proposal and strengthen your skills to get work!
Marianne’s extensive experience in the consultancy sector, combined with her compassionate and empathetic approach, was obvious from the beginning of the course through useful examples to illustrate the key messages shared with participants. The fruitful discussions also helped me explore various perspectives that I continue to reflect on today!”
Diego Garcia Rodriguez, Lecturer in Global Health, University of Sussex
In the first three modules you will be given a complete overview of the consultancy process, key competencies and methodologies, as well as how to navigate client relationships, especially the difficult ones.
Module 1: Skills
- The consulting industry: a brief history
- Traits of a compassionate consultant
- Getting work
- Commercial acumen and fees
- Devising methodologies
- Writing winning proposals
Module 2: Relationships
- Creating good relationships
- Earning Trust
- Respect and Boundaries
- Understanding intentions
- Dealing with difficult personality types
Module 3: Strategy
- Strategy Paradigms
- Strategy theories: A brief history
- Strategic Tools
- Implementing Strategy
- Marketing Strategies
- Strategic Communication
In the last three modules you will be introduced to the most up to date theories and models of organisational design and psychology. It embeds in the participant the knowledge, skills, and mindset necessary to assist organisations through periods of change and transition.
Module 4: Organisational Development
- Types of organisation
- Forms, structures & governance
- Analysing culture
- Not for profit finance and Full Cost Recovery
- Organisational evolution
Module 5: Organisational Change & Transition
- The Organisational lifecycle
- Change management
- The three step process of transitions
- Transition management & continual change
Module 6: Managing Anxiety, Conflict & Trauma
- Fear & anxiety in organisations
- Recognising and managing anxiety driven behaviour
- Dealing with blame, conflict and bullying
- Using trauma informed approaches
- Building a trusting & creative environment
About the Trainer
Marianne Moore is a management consultant with two decades of experience in strategy and organisational development. She has consulted for over a hundred different clients including governments, charities, and multilateral bodies such as UNICEF and the Council of Europe. Marianne began her career in leading public-sector consulting firms Capita Consulting and Tribal Consulting before establishing her own boutique consulting organization, Justice Studio, in 2011. Marianne has developed a style of consulting that emphasizes an appreciation and understanding of both emotional intelligence and skill-based methodologies and is pleased to pass it on in this unique course.
Timing and Location
There is an in-person version and an on-line version of this course. Each individual module is also available to book on to separately.
In-person three day course: (Closed for Booking)
The course will be held from Wednesday 13th March to Friday 15th March from 9.30am to 5pm with a one hour lunch break.
It is held in Central London at the Royal Society of Arts: 8 John Adam Street, London WC2N 6EZ.
Nearest London Underground stations:
- Five minute walk: Charing Cross (Northern Line, Bakerloo Line) or Embankment (District and Circle Lines, Northern Line, Bakerloo Line)
- 10 minute walk: Covent Garden (Piccadilly Line) or Leicester Square (Piccadilly and Northern Lines)
Nearest mainline stations:
- Five minute walk from Charing Cross
- 15 minute walk from Waterloo
Online Individual Modules or Whole Course over Six Weeks:
- Module 1: Skills on Thursday 21st March 2024
- Module 2: Relationships on Thursday 28th March 2024
- Module 3: Strategy on Thursday 4th April 2024
- Module 4: Organisational development on Thursday 11th April 2024
- Module 5: Organisational change & transition on Thursday 18th April 2024
- Module 6: Managing anxiety, trauma and conflict on Thursday 25th April 2024.
The whole course costs £2,999 + VAT.
The cost for one module is £499+VAT
To book a place for one Module or the whole course please pay £499+VAT (£598.80) below and email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need to request an invoice.
Following receipt of the booking payment we will contact you to confirm your choice of module(s) and/or payment plan for the whole course. For deposits, the balance of the course payment will be invoiced in two instalments prior to the commencement of the course or by a bespoke payment plan according to your needs. Please let us know if you require a specific payment plan.
Full refunds for the course will be offered up to two weeks in advance of the course.
Sign up to be the first to know about future versions of this course by emailing email@example.com